EN | Happy Friday everyone! Today I have something completely different for you here on my blog. As you can obviously see it’s a little Follow Me Around Video from New York. I actually don’t want to say to much, just enjoy the video!
Please let me know what you think about this whole video and FMA stuff! And also let me know if you would like to see more videos about my future travel destinations. I personally thought that this is a great variety to the written posts about New York. Especially a little addition to my New York Travel Diary where I tell you everything about the best places around town (you can find it here, if you haven’t seen it already). Continue reading →
EN | Hey and happy Monday! This outfit is definitely a trip back on memory line. Choker were actually a really big thing when I was a kid and in primary school (early 2000s). I’ve got one back in time but I used to wear it everyday until my mom threw it away because it was super baggy. When I was in New York and was shopping at Brandy Melville I saw this rose choker and was so in love right away. I also bought it in black, because that’s what I was actually looking for for quite a few month now. Do you also know this trend from back in the days?
This is also the first time I show you my cute new bag from Guess that I bought in New York as well. I actually bought it at Century21 where you can get designer pieces for less.
For this look I combined the choker and bag with a simple grey dress and my Superstars. And by the way these pictures were also taken in New York (Soho) at the beginning of September. Because the weather here in Germany is obviously not good enough to wear a short dress like this one right now. So what do you think about this outfit? And are you also so obsessed with chokers at the moment? I can’t wait to read your comments! Continue reading →
Happy Friday everyone! Today I finally have my New York Travel Diary for you! As you probably all know (because I already uploaded a few posts from the city) I’ve been to New York at the beginning of September and I absolutely love this city! So this post will be all about my favorite places around town. About where to go, eat/drink/snack, sleep and shop. Because the post is already quite long let’s start directly with my list, so here we go:
One World Observatory
Things to do:
– Brooklyn Bridge Park (& Brooklyn Bridge): Probably one of my favorite places. You have an amazing view at the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Skyline. You can also sit there so you can pick up some food or a snack or something to drink before you sit there and enjoy the view. Also walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, but make sure that it’s quite early otherwise the Bridge is full of tourists. (Brooklyn Bridge Park Homepage)
– High Line Park: The High Line is an old freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side, where plants and flowers are growing now. So it’s really nice to take a relaxing walk there. (High Line Park Homepage)
– Staten Island Ferry: The Staten Island Ferry is free so it doesn’t cost you a penny. Also the view from the Ferry is really nice and you past the Stature of Liberty. (Staten Island Ferry Homepage)
– Circle Line: At the Pier 83. I have to say that the view at the Circle Line Cruise is definitely more beautiful than at the Staten Island Ferry. So if you don’t care about paying something I would recommend this Cruise more. (Circle Line Cruise Homepage )
– Greenwich Village: Probably my absolute favorite district in Manhattan. There are so many cute shops and restaurant and also some rooftop gardens. It’s just really nice to walk around there.
– Jefferson Market Garden: While you’re walking through Greenwich Village you should definitely make a stop at the Jefferson Market Garden. Adress: 70A Greenwich Village, opening is weather permitted, opening times: 10 AM to dusk every day, expect Mondays. (Jefferson Market Garden Homepage)
– Dumbo: is short for Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass and is a part of Brooklyn. The Brooklyn Bridge Park is also located here and the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. Also there are everywhere super cute shops and cafés.
– Top of The Rock: At the Rockefeller Center. It’s typically touristic but the view is breathtaking. Address: 45 Rockefeller Plaza
– One World Observatory: Also a typical touristic attraction. But the view over the city is insane.
– Grand Central Terminal: I think everyone knows this place from movies and series and it’s definitely worth a visit. Address: 89E 42nd Street
EN| Hey Lovelies and happy Saturday! I hope your week and start into the weekend was great. I’m working on a New York Travel Diary or Guide with all the best places in New York and tips where to go, eat and shop right now. Obviously these are just my tips and my favorite places in the City, but I think there are also some insider tipps in my guide. So stay tuned. I think it will be online next Wednesday.
But I’ve taken so many pictures in New York I already want to share some of them with you today. The first one is taken on the Rockefeller Center, from the Top of the Rock. And even though this is such a touristic place the view is so amazing. The second picture is taken on an early morning on 5th Avenue. Also some other pictures are from the Brooklyn Bridge and also the Manhattan Bridge. And looking at these pictures make me want to go back immediately. New York is such a beautiful city. I’m going to tell you more about my trip their in my Travel Diary. But for now enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think about them! Continue reading →
EN | Happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week. I’m still going through all the pictures from New York and can’t wait until you’ve seen them all. So today I have an outfit from New York for you again. We shoot this look on the Brooklyn Bridge and I can’t get over how beautiful the background of the pictures is!
I’m actually super in love with midi skirts at the moment (as you may have already noticed). Sadly I just have this one, so I’m sure I’m going to show you a few more outfits with it in the future. But however the same thing is with my lace heels/ sandals. They fit so perfectly to every outfit that I literally wear them with everything. Also I decided to go for my red bag again (which is still a big favorite in my wardrobe) and the bag also fits perfectly to my lace top. To add a little bit of a laid-back touch to the outfit I decided to wrap my camouflage jacket around my waist. Like always I would love to know what you think about this outfit. So don’t forget to let me know what you think about this look in the comments down below. Continue reading →
EN | Happy Monday Lovelies! Today I want to share my second outfit from New York with you. I actually can’t wait to show you all the looks because I love them all so much! And New York is so perfect to shoot Street Styles. The backgrounds there are insane. So be prepared for a lot more posts and pictures from New York.
We shoot this outfit in the evening across the New York Public Library on the 5th Avenue. I decided to go for a grey on grey combo for this look. And added my red cross body bag as a little eye-catcher. I also combined the look with white sneakers, because it’s so much comfier to walk around in sneakers all day to explore a new city. So what do you think about this outfit? Continue reading →
EN | Good morning from New York! I actually can’t believe that I’m sitting in my hotel room in New York City right now. And if you follow me on Snapchat you’ve already seen the amazing view from the room! We’re looking directly at the Empire State Building, and I couldn’t imagine any better view for writing. So if you don’t want to miss anything from my adventure here make sure to follow me on Instagram (@vogueetvoyage) and Snapchat (jeannee_r) because I’m posting quite a lot right now.
The pictures were taken in front of the N.Y. Public Library. And I have to say that I’m totally in love with the building and its architecture. For my first outfit in New York I decided to go for my denim skirt, my camouflage jacket and a backpack. The backpack is actually called “On a Roll”, which make it even more perfect for exploring the city. And also everything fits in it, for example my camera, my polaroid camera and flat shoes.
If you may already know I’m a huge fan of having a backpack with me when I’m on a city trip. So as Kipling asked me if I want to choose another bag from there collection I couldn’t be happier and obviously said yes. That’s actually why I can show you this beautiful backpack today.
I would love to tell you even more about my first day in New York, but we’re off to breakfast now. However don’t forget to let me know what you think about this outfit. I can’t wait to read your comments. Continue reading →